Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tunes of the Month



Tunes!! So lately I have been dabbling in different types of music. I recently started listening to a beautiful Afro-Portuguese songstress named Sara Tavares. I fell asleep last night listening to her melancholy lullabies that seems to sit on your soul like a good hymn on a Sunday morning.
A couple weeks ago I was prowling Afrobella.com one of my favorite blogs and I discovered two more "bellas" to add to my repertoire of soulful songstresses: Alice Smith and Amy Winehouse. Many of you may have seen Amy Winehouse's video on VH1 by now if you have she is pure hottness. Something about British singers that I just can't place my fingers on...oh i got it they are masters are making the old seem new again. This is exactly what Amy Winehouse does. She is blend of old souls. I can really relate to her songs. She is really amazing. Alice Smith on the other hand has a style all her own. Her voice at times sounds like a strange instrument. She has a unique style and I wish her Amy and Sara the best. Tunes!!

No comments: