Monday, November 20, 2006

Growing up in the Islands

Being a person of caribbean decent living in the US I think its irritating when people try to classify me. As soon as I start talking to a person they say "wait wait let me guess your from Jamaica, no no wait i got it Haiti". The funny part is they are always wrong. I swear people think that the caribbean is made up of like three islands. When I was in high school I had to take world history, US history, Caribbean History and local history. So when I meet people who think that the Virgin Islands is made up of a bunch of virgins and that "island people" live in huts its pretty annoying. Yeah we live in huts. Huts made of poured concrete and steel. This is the 2006 people. Read a book, go on a cruise, rent Weekend at Bernies. Do something, anything, I don't care just get educated about other cultures and other places it will do you alot of good in the future and it might even get you laid.

No comments: